How do I get started?

In order to file an application for Social Security Disability benefits, you will need to begin with an online application at or contact your local Social Security office (see the blue pages in your phone book for information in your zip code area). 

Once that application is completed, the Social Security office will request any additional information from you that they need in order to process your case. They may require that you see one of their doctors for an evaulation as well.  Montefu Consulting can provide assistance to you at the initial application level or at any point in which you experience difficulties or have questions regarding your claim for benefits.

When should I contact Montefu Consulting Inc?

If you have become ill or injured and have been unable to work for at least 12 months, you need to talk to us regarding filing a claim for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.   Or, if you have previously filed a claim for SSDI or SSI benefits and your claim has been denied one or more times, you need to contact us for assistance in pursuing or reopening your claim.

What if my minor child is disabled?

The following must be met to qualify for Children's SSI: 

  • SSI is awarded based on income/resource limitations AND a "Disabled" finding as defined by the Social Security Administration. 

  • Income and resource limits must be met per outlines as referred to above.

  • These requirements must be met for a child to be found disabled: 

    • The child must not be working and earning more than $1,040 a month in 2013. (This earnings amount usually changes every year.)

    • Must have a physical or mental condition or combination of conditions that result in “marked and severe functional limitations” as defined by the Social Security Administration. 

    • Condition or combination of conditions must have lasted or be expected to last, at least 12 months or be expected to end in death.

What if I have an adult
child with disabilities?

Adult Child disabled before age 22 - benefit payments are possible under both SSI and Social Security programs.  To collect under Social Security’s program, at least one parent must be receiving SS Retirement or Disability benefits OR be deceased and have enough eligible quarters of coverage.

Yes, you can contact us via our toll-free number from anywhere in the United States for a free telephone consultation. 

  • We can handle your needs via e-mail, phone, fax and/or U.S. Mail.

  • If your case requires a hearing before an Administrative Law Judge, we will travel to your area to attend the hearing with you if necessary.

I don't live in Tampa or I'm currently unable to leave my home, can Montefu Consulting still help me?